AMD Launches Radeon 7990 the ‘World’s Fastest Graphics Card’
Article written by Zeeshan | Posted on: April 24, 2013
AMD has launched Radeon 7990 which they have called ‘World’s Fastest Graphics Card’. It can run heavy graphics games at a resolution of ’3840 X 2160′ ( 4K resolution ). Sounds amazing, isn’t it?
If you are interested in reading review of this Graphics Card, here is the link: ‘AMD Radeon HD 7990 hardware and performance review’ .
According to AMD, this GPU will run games at 4K resolution and up-to 6 displays at one time. The actual secret behind this card’s amazing performance capabilities is that it combines Two HD 7970 GPUs on a single board. This card has has over 4,000 stream processors and 8.6 billion transistors. The graphics are also blazingly fast, holding up to 6GBs of DDR5 memory, producing a throughput of 96 gigabytes per second and banning muddy textures on computers for good.
It is said that AMD Radeon HD 7990 easily bests Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 690 cards in both sound and performance, it is also a formidable foe for Nvidia’s GTX Titan graphics card
AMD stated that their graphics card was used actually by EA in the PCs to demo Battlefield 4.
Interested in snapping up the card? The other interesting thing about buying this card ( Radeon HD 7990) is that it will be packaged with two Tahiti-based chips for $999 and also include six PC games, including Hitman: Absolution, Bioshock: Infinite, Tomb Raider and Crysis 3.
For more information about this card, visit here
Building the world’s fastest graphics card requires a mountain of state-of-the-art hardware, which the AMD Radeon™ HD 7990 GPU offers in spades:
- Two specially-screened AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series GPUs, with a clockspeed of up to 1GHz.
- 6GB of GDDR5 on a 384-bit bus, running at 6.0Gbps for 576GB/s of memory bandwidth.
- A PCI Express® 3.0 PLX bridge to connect the dual ASICs in an internal AMD CrossFire™ technology configuration.2 This interconnect provides 48 lanes (96GB/s) of bandwidth.
- Native support for up to five simultaneous displays integrated via AMD Eyefinity technology. Further support for up to six total displays is possible using DisplayPort 1.2 MST-enabled hubs or monitors.3
- A shockingly quiet triple-fan cooler, which is not only quieter than the Titan or the GTX 690, but quieter than your average library.4 At 100% GPU load.
- FUN FACT: The graphics chips on the HD 7990 GPU contain a combined 8.2 billion 28nm transistors. If you were to redraw the schematics by hand with a fine-tipped pencil, you would need a piece of paper larger than 172 American football fields!
“Measured with a sound meter from a distance of 50cm in a room with a noise floor of 29.1 dBa, the AMD Radeon™ HD 7990 GPU posted sound pressure of 37.8 dBa to beat out a library, GTX 690 and Titan at 100% GPU load. Quite simply, this is one of our quietest enthusiast products ever.” says AMD.
Sound pressure at 50CM, Furmark
The AMD Radeon™ HD 7990 GPU will be on shelf in like 2 weeks from the date today (24-Apr-2013). Today, reviewers around the world will be publishing reviews about this Graphics card.
You can also check out my ‘AMD Radeon HD 7990 hardware and performance review’ .
What are your thoughts?please share with us. Thanks!